Ans : Dr. C. Rangarajan
2.The ﬁrst World Sparrow Day was celebrated (in 2010) across the globe to celebrate the beauty of the house sparrow. The World Sparrow Day is observed on
Ans :21 March
3.The ‘Pudhu Vazvu Thittam' scheme has been launched in which state with the aim of improving livelihood activities of the poorest of the poor, differently abled, destitute widows, and
Ans :Tamil Nadu
4. Who has been chosen for the Chameli Devi Jain award?
Ans :Tusha Mittal
5.Which Indian NGO was selected for the US' ﬁ rst ‘Innovation Award for the
Empowerment of Women and Girls’ for training and organising wastepickers and eliminating child labour from recycling?
6.Who among the following is the current Director-General of the United Nations Educational Scientiﬁ c and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)?
Ans :Irina Bokova
7.Tihar Prison became the ﬁrst jail in the country to attain near total literacy among inmates.Which of the following
programmes has been launched
in Tihar jail in collaboration with the National Literacy Mission?
Ans : 'Padho aur Padhao’
8. Which of the following social activists recently became a part of the ‘Global March to Jerusalem' to uphold secularism in the region?
Ans : Swami Agnivesh
9.Recently, which of the following countries qualiﬁed for the silver medal in the women's 4x400m relay of the last Asian athletics championships due to the disqualiﬁ cation of athletes
from Kazakhstan and Iraq?
Ans : India
10.'Malabar 2012' is an annual naval exercise between India and
Ans : USA
11. Which country has topped the list of 27 MDR-TB high-burden countries worldwide?
Ans : China
12. The Union Minister for Rural Development, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Jairam Ramesh, has announced a national awardfor sanitation and water - in the name of
Ans : Sant Gadge baba
13. Supreme Court Cancelled All 2G Licenses of which Operator in Feb. 2012
Ans : Uninor
14. Which foreign restaurant chain is planning to open 1,000 stores in India by 2015?
Ans : Subway
15 .Who won the award in the best Actress category at the London Asian Film Festival (LAFF) 2012 for film "BOL":
Ans : Humaima Malick
16. 28th Asian Snooker Title winner is
Ans : Aditya Mehta
17 .Winner of Dada Saheb Falke
award on 3rd May 2012
Ans :Soumitra Chatterjee
18. Winner of 59th National Award for Best Actress:
Ans : Vidya Balan
19. NCTC Stands for :
Ans : Nation Counter-terrorism Center.
20. Who has been appointed as the Governor of Rajasthan on 12th May 2012
Ans : Margaret Alwa
21. Mother's day is celebrated on
Ans :13 May
22.Junior Hockey World Cup 2012 winner is
Ans : Pakistan
23.Which US IT company removed "Patni" from its name after recent acquisition
24. Captain of IPL 2012 Winner team is
Ans :Gautam Gambhir
25. India recently sighned MoU of Rs. $500 Million credit with country
26.20th Commonwealth Games will be held in
Ans : Glasgow
27.Winner of World Chess Championship 2012 is
Ans : Vishvanathan anand.
28. What is the current cash reserve ratio , effective from 28th january 2012 , to be deposited with RBI for all banks in india?
Ans : 5.5 %
29. What is Lead Bank Scheme ?
Ans : Bank to adopt a district & focus on its development.
30. Which organisation became the 5th Maharatna company of India ?
Ans : Coal India Ltd.
31.Two countries that have managed to take part in all the Olympics games held so far are
Ans : Greece and Australia.
32. India celebrated the 60th year of Indian parliament on
Ans : May 13 , 2012.
33. Which country became the 156th member of the World Trade Organisation (WTO)?
Ans : Russia.
34.On what date did Russia become the 156th member of the WTO?
Ans : August 22 2012.
35.Which country has shut down all the nuclear power generation reactors due to safety reasons?
Ans : Japan
36.The 7th Civil Service Day was observed on
Ans : 21st April 2012
37.Present RBI Governer is
Ans : DR. D. Subharao
38.According to 2011 Tiger Census,
the number of Tigers in India is:
39.Endosulphan was globally banned in the year
Ans : 2011
40. The period of 12th five year plan is :
Ans : 2012- 2017
41.Chairman of National Knowledge commission
Ans : Sam Pitroda
42.Sex ratio of 0-6 age group in India as per 2011 census?
Ans : 914 ( per 1000 males )
43.Who won the Best actor Award in59th National Film Award announced in March 2012?
Ans :Girish Kulkarni
44.Who among the following was the chief guest at India's republic Day parade 2012?
Ans : Yingluck Shinawatra
45.Who has been appointed as the new Solicitor General of India?
Ans : Rohinton Nariman
46) The 16th NAM(Non-Aligned Movement) Summit 2012 will be held in
47.Which one o fthe following countries made on exit from Kyoto Protocol?
48. Who has been honoured with the Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 2011?
Ans :Soumitra Chatterjee
49) The 2012 CHOGM Summit will be held in--
Ans : Sri Lanka
50.Presently, is the Chairman of securities and exchange Board(SEBI) of India?
Ans : U.K.Sinha
SET 2 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
SET 3 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
SET 4 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
SET 5 DOWNLOAD - CLICK HERE
HOW TO DOWNLOAD - click on the download links given above, you will be taken to a survey page. Complete the survey( takes 30 to 60 seconds) to unlock the download page. So download all and create your own collection.
Important note : These questions have been prepared in a way to not only enhance your gk but also to help you in many competitive exams like sbi clerk, sbi po, ibps clerk , ibps po, fci , ib officer, raiways vacancies, police constable, police s.i, secratariat assistant,ld clerlk,lgs,bank specialist officer,fireman,state psc's like kerala psc, rajasthan psc , karnataka psc , tamil nadu psc , Bihar psc, Uttar pradesh psc etc.